Today I am going to elaborate broadly on this pertinent subject of a time ‘HOW TO GAIN ADMISSION INTO UNILORIN WITH IJMB ‘
Right now we are looking on how to gain admission into the University of Ilorin with Ijmb
WHAT IS UNILORIN IJMB ALL ABOUT? (Concise description)
IJMB is also known as IJMBE. It is an acronym which means Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examination.
But it is widely known as ijmb Otherwise, Ijmb is an accredited body approved by the Nigerian University Commission ( NUC), in charge of conducting examination for qualifying undergraduate admission into their respective higher institution, just as Jamb would.
But it’s peculiarity is appended to the fact that it assures you 200 Level admission, being rather 100 Level.
Ijmb, since 1976 is commonly recognized and noted as an A’ level programme for qualifying Students into 200 Level admission (Stated in Jamb Brochure).
It was founded by the Interim Common Service Agency (ICSA) under Ahmadu Bello University Zaria.
Ijmb Exams are conducted yearly; comprising of only three compulsory subjects apart from English.
Ijmb is affiliated with many Nigerian Universities, who gives admission into their various institutions with Ijmb ( without having to write Jamb).
A student who undergoes Ijmb programme and comes out with expected grades will surely be admitted into the University of Ilorin
EVERYTHING TO KNOW ABOUT UNILORIN IJMB PROGRAMME
Ijmb is still allowed and used in the University and I am going to show you all you ought to know in order to gain admission into Unilorin with IJMB.
Note the following:
IJMB IS PARTIALLY AN ADVANTAGE OVER JAMB
Getting a jamb result cost nothing as we all know, and as at that everyone can find it easy to obtain a jamb result. But come to think of it; prior to 2019 Jamb recent examination, 1.8 Million candidates participated in the exam, rhetorically how many amongst 1.8 million jamb candidates would be admitted?
Let assume they admit, 50% of them, what happens to the remaining 50% Well, all hope not been lost, it’s the main purpose Ijmb was established to help those who were not able to secure admission and more uniquely into 200 Level.
Virtually, 90% of all those who use Ijmb to secure admission, gets admitted.
But so sorry, currently the percentage of candidates who can gain admission into Unilorin with Ijmb dropped as of 2019 due to the start of unilorin Jupeb programme.
As of 2019, the rate of gaining admission into Unilorin now depends a lot on specific factors.
Most especially on post utme and catchment area.
Thus, if you follow this guide properly you can still gain admission into Unilorin with IJMB.
JAMB IS EASY TO PASS IF YOU DO THE NEEDFUL
IJMB provides a provision for a 9-10 Months Lecture strictly on Ijmb syllabus and supervision.
Before you can obtain good grades you must have been part of the programme.
There are designated centers that have been provided across the nation for running the programme; Exam and certification also take place in these designated centers.
Genuinely, the programme is mainly done in Ilorin, as approved by the head Ijmb directors in conjunction with NUC.
HOW IS UNILORIN IJMB EXAM DONE?
A common problem people face with jamb is the fact that it’s a computer-based exam popularly known as CBT, (Computer Based Test). It all comprises of objective questions.
Lucidly, Jamb is usually difficult for one to involve in malpractice, and for some set of people, it may appear frustrating.
Ijmb, being a paper written exam is easy for those who prepare because it all comprises of Theory and no Objective.
The exam is always conducted yearly in the month of February/march at various accredited centers, like-wise; majorly in Ilorin.
The exam last for one month and every student are to write no more than three subjects, otherwise in specific conditions.
Every question in the exam is beforehand taught and practiced intensely in the 9-10 months programme.
In order to gain admission into Unilorin, you ought to get good grades in the exam which is why you have to participate in the tutoring programme organized in every center.
WHEN AND HOW UNILORIN IJMB RESULT COMES OUT
Usually, after 3 months of writing the exam, the result is released to various centers in the form of a certificate.
The certificate is usually valid for five years, that is to say, if the admission was not gotten for one reason or the other (most times financial slowdown of post utme issue in Unilorin); the certificate can also be used for other years.
Unlike jamb which is only valid for one year
HOW IJMB ADMISSION INTO UNILORIN 200 LEVEL IS DONE
After the exam has been conducted, and certificate had been issued you will have to apply directly to your choice of the institution via jamb Direct Entry.
To do this Click Here 👉 (How To Apply For Unilorin Direct Entry )
The good news is that you would no longer need to write jamb or anymore.
Also Check out: Does Unilorin accepts aspirants from southern part of Nigeria?
UNILORIN IJMB SCHOOL FEES
Now that you are familiar with Ijmb, knowing full well that is many benefits over jamb. It shouldn’t surprise you to know that Ijmb school fee is exuberating.
Under minding the fact that you would be accommodated and taught for nine months in a very conducive environments See Breakdown of Ijmb School fees Below
- School Fess – N 90, 000 [ Ninety Thousand Naira ]
- Hostel Fess – N30, 000 [ Thirty Thousand Naira]
- Exam fees – N15, 000 not mandatory [ Fifteen Thousand Naira ]
- Text Books – N 10, 000
Making a total of – N145, 000 [ One hundred and forty-five]
PS: These fees could be paid partly.
UNILORIN IJMB SCHOOL CAMPUS AND LECTURES
As earlier explained, Unilorin provides Ijmb lecture centers (campus for lecturing) with hostels conducive enough to enhance learning; as well as Library for reading, standby electricity and 24/7 running water.
Albeit, not all centers/campus are approved amongst the number of centers in Ilorin.
Thou many centers appear as real campuses but are fake; you are warned to consult the right Ijmb commissioners in other not to fall under SCAM.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR UNILORIN IJMB? (Eligibility)
Anyone is eligible for IJMB as long as you have the basic requirements such as O’level result.
For students who are already in higher institution, they can also use Ijmb in case they want to do a change of course or institution into 200 level.
Although, on most occasions, IJMB does not require an O’ level certificate ( Waec, Neco or Gce), for your register, run the programme and get the certificate.
What you need your O’ level result is for University admission requirements; some designated centers can get you your O’ level certificate alongside the Ijmb certificate.
You must be up to 17 years of age to run an Ijmb programme, since you will have to start living as a student living in the campus far away from your family, just like in the Universities. The moment you finish, you automatically become a 200 Level Student.
UNILORIN IJMB SUBJECT COMBINATION
- Medicine and Surgery: Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Agricultural Engineering: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Computer Science: Mathematics, Physics and one of Biology, Chemistry, Agric Science, Economics and Geography.
- Biochemistry: Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Biological Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, and Physics or Mathematics.
- Physics: Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry or Biology.
- Mathematics: Mathematics and any two of Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Biology, and Agricultural Science.
- Chemistry: Chemistry and two of Physics, Biology, and Mathematics.
- Nursing: Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
- Food, Science, and Technology: Chemistry, Mathematics / Physics, and Agric Science.
- Pharmacy: Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Industrial Chemistry: Chemistry, Mathematics and any of Physics/Biology/Agricultural Science.
- Fisheries: Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and any other Science subject.
- Geology: Any three Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biology, and Geography.
- Geography: Geography and any two of Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Agricultural Science.
- Surveying and Geoinformatics: Physics, Mathematics, and any of Chemistry, Geography, Art, Biology, and Economics.
- Statistics: Mathematics and any two of Physics, Chemistry, biology Building: Physics, Mathematics, and any of Chemistry, Geography, Art, Biology, and Economics.
- Microbiology: Biology, Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics. Botany: Biology, Chemistry, and any other Science subject.
- Zoology: Biology and any two of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Pure and Applied Mathematics: Mathematics, Physics, and Biology or Agric Science or Chemistry or Geography.
- Agriculture: Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture and any one of Physics and Mathematics.
- Agricultural Economics: Chemistry, Biology/ Agricultural Science and Mathematics.
- Agric-Extension: Chemistry, Biology/ Agricultural Science plus Mathematics or Physics.
- Agronomy: Chemistry, Biology or Agriculture and Physics or Mathematics.
- Animal Production and Science: Chemistry, Biology/Agric Science and Physics/Mathematics.
- Crop Production and Science: Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture and Mathematics or Physics.
- Soil Science: Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science plus Mathematics or Physics.
- Veterinary Science: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Forestry: Chemistry, Biology or Agriculture and Physics or Mathematics.
- Civil Engineering: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. Chemical Engineering: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Computer Engineering: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Electrical Engineering: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Electronic Engineering: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Marine Engineering: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Mechanical Engineering: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Systems Engineering: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Structural Engineering: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Production and Industrial Engineering: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Architecture: Physics, Mathematics, and any of Chemistry, Geography, Art, Biology, and Economics.
- Quantity Surveying: Physics, Mathematics, and any of Chemistry, Geography, Art, Biology, and Economics.
- Urban and Regional Planning: Geography and one of Economics, Physics, Chemistry.
- Estate Management: Mathematics, Economics, and one other subject
- Anatomy: Mathematics, Biology, and Chemistry or Physics. Dentistry: Chemistry, Biology, and one Science subject.
- Medical Laboratory Science: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Medical Rehabilitation: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Physiology: Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Physiotherapy:Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Radiography: Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Veterinary Medicine: Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Sciences Accountancy: Mathematics, Economics, and any other Social Science subject.
- Mathematics, Economics, and any other Social Science subject.
- Public Administration: Government, Economics and any other subject.
- Banking and Finance: Mathematics, one Social Science subject, and any other subject.
- Economics: Mathematics, Economics and any of Government, History, Geography, Literature in English, French and CRK/IRK.
- Demography and Social Statistics: Mathematics, Economics/Geography, and any other subject.
- Geography: Geography and two other Arts or Social Science subjects.
- Library Science:Any three Arts or Social Science subjects.
- Mass Communication: Any three from Arts or Social Science subjects.
- Sociology: Three Social Science or Arts subjects.
- Political Science: Government or History plus two other Social Science/Arts subjects.
- Philosophy: Government and any other two subjects.
- Psychology: Any three subjects from Arts or Social Science.
- Social Works: Mathematics, Economics/Geography, and any other subject
- Sociology and Anthropology: Three Social Science or Arts Subjects.
- Industrial Relations: Mathematics, Economics plus one other relevant subject.
- Human Resources Management: Economics, Government and any other relevant subjects.
- International Relations: Economics, Literature- in English and Geography/Government/History.
- Business Management: Mathematics, Economics, and one other subject.
- Cooperative and Rural Development: Mathematics, Economics plus one other subject.
- Tourism: Mathematics, Economics, and any other subject.
- Marketing: Mathematics, Economics plus one other relevant Subject.
- Insurance: Mathematics, Economics, and one other subject.
- Arts Arabic and Islamic Studies: Arabic and Two subjects from Arts and/or Social Sciences.
- Christian Religious Studies: Two Arts subjects including Christian Religious Knowledge and any other subject.
- Fine and Applied Arts: Fine Art and two other Arts subjects or Social Science subject.
- Theatre Arts: Lit. in English and two other relevant subjects.
- Linguistics: Lit. in English, TWO relevant Arts subjects English
- International Studies: Literature in English, Government or History or any other Arts subjects.
- French: French and any other two subjects from Arts and Social Sciences.
- English Language: Lit.-in-English, one other Art subject, and another Arts or Social Science subject.
- Hausa: Hausa, Lit in English and any of Economics, Government, History, and Arabic.
- History and International Studies: History/Government and any other two subjects from Arts & Social Science.
- Islamic Studies: Islamic Religious Studies plus two other Arts subjects.
- Igbo: Igbo and two subjects from Arts and Social Sciences.
- Mass Communication: Any three Arts and Social Science subjects.
- Music: Music, one other Art subject plus any other subject.
- Philosophy: Any three related subjects.
- Religious Studies: CRK/IRS and any two other subjects.
- Yoruba: Yoruba and two other subjects in Arts or Social Sciences.
- Anthropology: Any three of History, CRK/IRK, Geography, Economics, Literature in English and French.
- Criminology and Security Studies: English, Economics, Government, and any one of the following: History, Geography, Literature in English, Igbo, French, IRK, Hausa. Law: Literature, Economics, and any other Art Subject.
- Civil Law: Any three Arts or Social Science subjects.
- Islamic / Sharia Law: Any three Arts or Social Science subjects including Arabic or Islamic Studies
HOW SURE IS UNILORIN IJMB FOR ADMISSION.
IJMB admission into unilorin is based on the points you get in the desired courses you want. If you want to gain admission into unilorin and you do not make the cut off point you are on your own if you do, you will get a 90% guaranteed admission.
Unlorin Ijmb Requirement For Admission
1. UNILORIN Accepts (5-9) points for any science, paramedical, administrative course
2. UNILORIN Requires a minimum of 13 points in IJMB for Medicine
3. UNILORIN requires a minimum of 13 points to study law with IJMB
4. UNILORIN requires 8 points and above for Engineering courses, A/level Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry for Industrial Chemistry
5. Seven (7) points and above for Social Sciences/Administrative Courses
6. Five (5) points and above for Religious Studies, Languages, and most of the Courses in Arts Faculty and Agriculture
HOW TO GAIN ADMISSION INTO UNILORIN WITH IJMB
Step No. 1 Get the Ijmb form for N5,000 Naira.
Note: There are tons of websites online portraying to be registering students for Ijmb many of which, students have been frauded/scammed.
Many of them thou are legal entities having registered business accounts, but however they most times don’t admit you into the IJMB PROGRAMME after paying. (If you have fallen as a victim, please report to our complaint section and we will sort things accordingly) .
Beware of how you crawl online looking for any ijmb related topics/ questions because we are in the era of scam.
Ijmb Registration Starts June 15th, 2019 for 2019/2020 session and expires September 2nd, 2019.
The earliest students have more benefits in each center, students would be rejected after the whole spaces have been occupied.
Step No. 2 After paying forward your information your Center.
Such as location, course you want to study, the programme you want to run, and others as stated by your agent.
Ensure you fill your correct details that will appear in your certificate.
Print out the form and attach 8 passport photographs neatly in a file
Also check out: HOW TO GAIN ADMISSION INTO UNILORIN WITH REMEDIAL
STEP No. 3. You will receive your application letter via your email ( you must compulsory have one ).
Print it out, in the same link you will find a guide telling you your center and how to resume lecture On the Date that was issued to you ride down to Ilorin, and they will pick you wherever you are to your campus.
Lectures which usually begins October.
After that, you will have to sit for an examination which is usually done February/March.
After the exam, the result would be out. You will then take the direct entry form and apply for your course.
Boom that is it, you are 80% sure of admission. The last process is to go for Unilorin Screening test and you would be admitted.
Also Check Out: What to do after gaining admission into Unilorin
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN USE THE COMMENT BOX BELOW👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇